covid-19 adviceCoronavirus (COVID-19)
Check out the latest information and advice about Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Safeguarding: report it

Don't wait until you are certain. If you believe a child is at immediate risk, contact:

Staffordshire County Council's First Response Service. Tel: 0800 1313 126
or report it online on their website:
Open: Monday - Thursday 8:30am - 5:00pm. Friday 8:30am - 4:30pm
Emergency Duty Service: (Out of Hours Service) Tel: 0845 6042886 or contact the police on 999

If you have some concerns about a child or young person but believe them not to be at immediate risk, contact:

Staffordshire PoliceTel: 101. Ask for M.A.S.H. (Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub) 

Do I have to give my name?

No - it is your choice. If you decide that you want to remain anonymous that decision will be respected. Professionals making a referral should be aware that they cannot be guaranteed anonymity.

What happens next?

What happens next depends on the seriousness of the situation.
In response to a call, trained staff will carry out a careful and sensitive enquiry in line with locally agreed procedures.
The information provided will be discussed with other agencies including the police. Where you have reported a concern about a child or young person, the information will also become part of the child's electronic record.
Meetings may be held to agree what will happen next. Information and advice will be offered so that choices can be made and help given.

Will I be told what has happened?

You should receive written confirmation that your referral has been received and acted upon unless your report was anonymous.