covid-19 adviceCoronavirus (COVID-19)
Check out the latest information and advice about Coronavirus (COVID-19)

New food businesses

Thinking about starting up a new food or catering business? Find out more about the requirements you need to meet.

Your first steps: The Food Standards Agency (FSA) has produced a booklet for people wanting to set up a catering business, such as a restaurant, café or takeaway.
Useful FSA links:
Registration of a food premises:  You must be registered with us to store, prepare, distribute or sell food to the public. This includes restaurants, cafés, hotels, shops, canteens, market stalls and mobile catering vans. Childminders and other food business run from your home also need to register.
How to register your food business: Complete and send in a food premises registration form at least 28 days before starting up any new food business.