Sheltered housing provides older people with another housing choice. It can be flats, studios or bungalows.
Each property has its own front door, bedroom(s), lounge, kitchen and bathroom. A 24 hour emergency intercom alarm system with pull cords in each room, and an Independent Living Manager to help you keep your independence.
Please see a short video of our schemes and what they can offer.
Facilities and services:
- Some have special bathrooms for assisted bathing
- Most have a large centrally located residents' lounge, with an active social environment
- Most schemes qualify for a concessionary television licence
- We run a 'handyperson' scheme
- Some have a hairdresser
- Some have a guest bedroom which may be booked for visiting relatives or family
- Most have laundry rooms containing washing machines and tumble driers for your personal use and /or any carers
- Some have a library or reading area, stocked with books from the mobile library
- Many have a 24 hour entrance door entry phone system, giving additional security
- Most have lifts to give easy access to the first floor accommodation
- All have enclosed private gardens and car parking.
24 hour a day piece of mind: A 24-hour-a-day community alarm scheme is available to anyone of any age who would like to feel safer, more protected or independent in their own home. This is run by Wealden and Eastbourne (Welbeing), Community Alarm Centre.
Contact: Welbeing. Tel: 08450 766515 or 01323 644422. Email: email@example.com
Tamworth Borough Council has reviewed and remodelled its sheltered housing service, following the withdrawal of Staffordshire County Council’s Supporting People funding. The changes will protect those services which residents said were important to them. More information about the changes in the sheltered housing service is available here.