Health & safety advice
We provide a range of general advice and information to both employers and employees who wish to know more about health and safety legislation.
- Health & Safety Executive guide on managing asbestos
- Health & Safety Executive step-by-step interactive guide
Outbreaks of Legionnaires' Disease have been associated with wet cooling systems (cooling towers and evaporative condensers), resulting in serious infection and fatalities.
- Notification of changes/new plant
- Cooling towers register
- Health & Safety Executive Legionnaires' Disease information
- Legionnaires' Disease - the control of legionella bacteria in water systems (HSE guide)
Regulations mean you need to notify your local authority of wet cooling systems, including cooling towers and evaporative condensers, including notifying us of any changes, such as when plant ceases to be in operation. Maintaining records rests with councils and enforcement is split between the HSE and the local authorities.
Queries about the listed premises within our borough should be directed to Tamworth Borough Council.
Vehicles at work
Working in a hot environment
Contact: Public Health Team, Tamworth Borough Council, Marmion House, Lichfield Street, Tamworth, B79 7BZ.
Tel: 01827 709445. Email: email@example.com