We now runs a handyperson service for sheltered housing tenants. The free-of-charge service is designed to assist people living in sheltered accommodation to carry out small jobs around the home. All you need to provide is the materials.
What types of jobs will the Handyperson carry out?
- Assemble flat pack furniture, fit shelves/shelving units, fit curtain poles/tracks and window blinds
- Fits additional door locks, security chains, bars and spy holes
- Fit bolts/locks to gates or sheds, connect a washing machine or dishwasher
- Fit wall brackets, fit bath or sink plugs and chains
- Trim internal doors, install minor aids and adaptations
- Change a smoke alarm battery, change light bulbs
This list is not exhaustive, please speak to your Independent Living Manager who will advise what jobs will not be considered
Please note, electrical or gas jobs, carpet fitting or dog walking will not be considered.
How do I order a job and when will the work be carried out?
Speak to your Independent Living Manager who will process your handyperson request. Alternatively email email@example.com with details of your name, address, telephone number and a description of your request. The job will be carried out on the day that they are next due to visit your scheme on a first-come-first-served basis. If there is a high demand, you may be given an alternative date.
How often will the Handyperson attend our scheme?
The Handyperson will visit each of our 11 sheltered schemes on a rolling basis. A sheltered scheme rota will be sent to all tenants. Contact your Independent Living Co-ordinator for more details.