Council budget and spending
Tamworth Borough Council operates its services on an annual budget of £65 million.
This is made up of:
Gross revenue expenditure of £44 million General Fund (net of tariff payable to Government) and £21 million of Housing Revenue Account.
This is primarily made up of:
- £21 million - government benefit grants
- £2 million - government support
- £20 million - council house rents
- £14 million - corporate rents fees and charges
- £4 million – Business Rates
- £4 million - Council Tax
The Capital programme for 2017/18 totals £18.8 million (£16.4 million housing, £2.4 million General Fund).
Council Tax for 2017/18 is £1,562.01 for a Band D property. This is made up of:
- £1142.54 - Staffordshire County Council
- £181.16 - Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner Staffordshire
- £71.56 - Stoke-on-Trent and Staffordshire Fire and Rescue Authority
- £166.75 - Tamworth Borough Council Services