Council budget and spending
Tamworth Borough Council operates its services on an annual budget of £64 million.
This is made up of:
Gross revenue expenditure of £44 million General Fund (net of tariff payable to Government) and £20 million of Housing Revenue Account.
This is primarily made up of:
- £22 million - government benefit grants
- £2 million - government support
- £19 million - council house rents
- £14 million - corporate rents fees and charges
- £3 million – Business Rates
- £3 million - Council Tax
The Capital programme for 2016/17 totals £15 million (£10 million housing, £5 million General Fund).
Council Tax for 2016/17 is £1,498.34 for a Band D property. This is made up of:
- £1088.65 - Staffordshire County Council
- £177.61 - Staffordshire Police Authority
- £70.33 - Stoke-on-Trent and Staffordshire Fire and Rescue Authority
- £161.75 - Tamworth Borough Council Services