Your blue bin
We provide every household with a blue wheelie bin and empty them on alternate weeks to your non recyclable waste.
Below is a list of all the types of recycling we currently accept. Please make sure you wash out empty containers before putting them in your bin. Or download a flyer of what you can recycle here.
- Paper, including newspapers, magazines, telephone directories, wrapping paper etc
- Card, including flattened cardboard boxes, food sleeves, toilet and kitchen roll inners etc
- Plastic containers, including margarine and ice cream tubs, yoghurt pots, bottles, empty carrier bags and plastic food trays etc
- Aluminium foil, food trays or cans
- Waxed cartons (Tetrapak), such as juice boxes or milk cartons
- Glass bottles or jars
- aerosol cans
Please make sure your bin is at the kerbside from 7am on your collection day.
Find out when your bins will be emptied using the online bin calendar at the top of the Bins and Recycling page
Order a second blue bin for free
If your blue bin is overflowing, you can order a second blue bin for free. Just call our waste services team on 0345 002 0022.